Login and Logistics for this course…
This is a virtual experience. You will need to use the WebEx platform on your computer, coupled with a working webcam and microphone, to fully engage with this experience. If you have any technical difficulties you should reach out to your facilitator (Ethan) ASAP. Please plan to arrive at least 5 minutes before the session begins to account for any technical difficulty.
Session-Specific Information: For relevant assignments, links, and resources, please see the appropriate headings under each session. These will be updated prior to each session.
Login Address: https://teachforamerica.webex.com/meet/etsmith
Meeting ID: 798 743 841
Our First Meeting: On Track For Summative Success
Monday, March 28, 6:30-8:00 PM
- PowerPoint Slides
- Our collaborative document
- Quadratic Matching Activity (from Nicole!)
- Sorting Functions Activity (from MARS)
Your standards mastery tracker should be updated with March progress and be shareable with a small group of fellow teachers.
Our Second Meeting: Culminating Projects
Monday, April 11, 6:30-8:00 PM
- PowerPoint Slides
- Pre-Calculus Stock Market Project: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByDYMaYh16lJaWI1ZVVyOFhoS1E/view?usp=sharing
- Statistics Themed Projects: http://apstatsmonkey.com/StatsMonkey/Post-Exam_files/FinalProject.pdf
- Algebra I: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gj8ey42kOYwtV_aizK9bxlaZl79hIuc7sAsMao5K4Mc/edit
- Transformations of Functions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/147axyGImlZrTWwnYfBM3eTd-41PTFGxEET4GoxT3Qs4/edit
- Rational Functions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CLn3jLms3Efh_VnFgHUK3KFayY_W6cJMcDNek9QpyPI/edit
- Social Studies: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zIiV6mHrQPOziOsz7lHrb7pLpH_dCUeGvZS2h0y9sS0/edit
- Algebra II EOY Project: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pNVa9PapeRoyltm7wZuhaDT0Bg5stWROuuIexP2ey3U/edit
- Bill of Rights Project: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1quSoaZ7rcXlkuVi8pnjnMgC0-NTBBlyJRo6ZPpBjyiI/edit
- Calendar Example: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I_3SdprEJR-iqANN9cPYtoTm-drxFZS2vR1h6AK-de0/edit
Assignment (complete in our collaborative document)
- By EOD Sunday, April 10th, define the final 3-5 “criteria for success” that you have settled on for your last weeks with students (you may use the ones you decided upon last session or provide updated final criteria). This will be our starting point for identifying the competencies for our culminating projects.
- Example: SWBAT to look at statistical sample and draw a conclusion
- We will curate 2-3 examples of projects to explore based on your outcomes (assuming you provide your response by EOD Sunday).
Our Final Meeting: Sharing Progress and Closing Out
Monday, April 25, 6:30-8:00 PM
- Before our session, complete a final draft of the six components of your culminating project:
1) Criteria for Success (standards-aligned, teacher-guiding)
2) Driving Question (standards-aligned, student-guiding)
3) The Final Product
4) Scaffolded products leading to final product (drafts, initial research, etc.)
5) Rubric (how will we assess all products)
6) Checkpoints (for ongoing feedback)
- Upload your documents to this google drive.
- (Optional) Devon and Ethan will be hollowing out some time during the week of 4/18 in order to connect if you have questions or concerns about your culminating project. If you are interested in this optional but recommended support, please claim a spot using this doodle ASAP (times start Monday, 4/18).