This is a virtual experience. You will need to use the Zoom platform on your computer, coupled with a working webcam and microphone, to fully engage with this experience. If you have any technical difficulties you should reach out to your facilitator ASAP. Please plan to arrive at least 5 minutes before the session begins to account for any technical difficulty.
Session-Specific Information: For relevant assignments, links, and resources, please see the appropriate headings under each session. These will be updated prior to each session.
Add To Your Calendar: https://goo.gl/SH1ZuN
Login Address: https://teachforamerica.zoom.us/j/2040787348
Call-in Number (Optional): 646-558-8656 or 408-638-0968
Meeting ID: 204 078 7348
Collaborative Work Space: https://goo.gl/vv8mBm
Our First Discussion: Challenge Me or GTFO
Monday, March 27, 6:30-8:00 PM
- Open – Closing the Year “Strong”?
- Learn – The Nexus of Challenge and Control
- Create – Achieving Optimal Rigor
- Close – Leveraging Control
- Session PowerPoint
- Big Ideas by Grade Level (MSCCRS)
- BIE Guiding Question Tubric
- BIE Project Search
- PBLU Projects
- PBL Design Elements
- PBL Teaching Practices
Our Second Discussion: Cede Control or Ctrl+Alt+Delete
Monday, April 10, 6:30-8:00 PM
Assignment (due Wednesday, 4/5)
- Finalize the wording for the first pieces of your Culminating Project, namely…
- Criteria for Success
- Driving Question
- Final Product
- Update these in the work space as needed
- Complete the Final Product yourself and upload your finished example to your portfolio. Share the link to this example in our work space (by Wednesday, 4/5)
- Make note of anything you noticed as you completed the product yourself.
- Open – Backwards Design
- Learn – Strategically Ceding Control
- Create – Scaffolding, Rubrics, and Checks
- Close – Bells and Whistles
- Session PowerPoint
- BIE Project Design Rubric (use this to align your own project)
- More Project Examples
- More Rubric Resources
- Checkpoint/Calendaring Resources
Our Final Discussion: Pressure Testing
Monday, April 24, 6:30-8:00 PM
- Revise your Driving Question and Final Product based on feedback.
- Create the final design elements for your culminating project.
- Scaffolded Product(s)
- Checkpoints and/or Calendar
- Submit these new elements, your revised final product, and some quick reflections to the collaborative work space (by EOD Thursday, 4/20).
- To make peer review easier, please try to save your files as…
- NameCalendar (or) NameCheckpoints