This is a virtual experience. You will need to use the Zoom platform on your computer, coupled with a working webcam and microphone, to fully engage with this experience. If you have any technical difficulties you should reach out to your facilitator ASAP. Please plan to arrive at least 5 minutes before the session begins to account for any technical difficulty.
Session-Specific Information: For relevant assignments, links, and resources, please see the appropriate headings under each session. These will be updated prior to each session.
Add To Your Calendar: https://goo.gl/SH1ZuN
Login Address: https://teachforamerica.zoom.us/j/2040787348
Call-in Number (Optional): 646-558-8656 or 408-638-0968
Meeting ID: 204 078 7348
Collaborative Work Space: https://goo.gl/vv8mBm
Our First Check-In: Here we go!
Monday, March 27, 5:00-6:30 PM
- Come prepared to share about the book you are studying and how you plan on implementing its themes into your classroom.
- Open – Tailored Learning, Shared Outcomes
- Share – The Impact of Identity in K-8 Mathematics
- Share – Five Practices for Orchestrating Mathematics Discussions
- Close – Practices to Actions
Our Second Discussion: Progress and Bumps in the Road
Monday, April 10, 5:00-6:30 PM
- Continue engaging with your book
- Identity: Part II (pg. 41-82)
- Math Discussions: Chapter 4 & 5 (pg. 31-60)
- Begin Implementing your learning and collect artifacts
- Come prepared to share both your new learning and your initial implementation of the book in your classroom.
Our Final Discussion: Concluding and Synthesizing Outcomes
Monday, April 24, 5:00-6:30 PM
- Finish your book!
- Continue to implement practices and collect artifacts
- Create a blog post that serves as a…
- Book summary and review
- Your implementation and outcomes
- Organized planning documents, student work samples, and classroom artifacts
- Send your blog draft to Ethan before our final meeting