Questions to consider
- What is the educational landscape in my community? Are there private schools or magnet schools that my students should be thinking about? Are there particular college programs that are appealing? Are there other math teachers or programs that I can be leveraging—or competing with?
- How have students performed in the past? What opportunities are available to them?
- What kinds of messaging are particular resonant with my students?
Resources to consult
- Research past test performance and other accountability measures at your school.
- Talk with fellow teachers, administrators, and community members (and read local media) to understand the history, challenges, and assets of your local community.